Acupuncture & Nutritional Health Services
While a majority of people come for pain relief, acupuncture is very effective for maintaining good health and for treating a wide variety of ailments including, but not limited to:
- Back pain
- Carpal tunnel syndrome
- Common cold
- Diabetes sequelae
- Digestive issues
- Emotional support
- Facial rejuvenation
- Fertility support
- Gas and bloating
- Golf elbow
- Irregular menses
- Irritable bowel syndrome
- Menopause sequelae
- Menorrhagia (abnormal heavy menstrual bleeding)
- Metrorrhagia (abnormal uterine bleeding)
- Morning sickness
- Neck pain
- Painful menses
- Plantar fasciitis
- Pre-menstrual syndrome
- Smoking cessation
- Post-stroke sequelae
- Tennis elbow
- Texting thumb/neck
- Weight loss
Acupuncture is a non-surgical, non-pharmacological modality that uses fine, sterile needles to stimulate the body’s nervous system to release neurotransmitters and endorphins and regulate signals to effectuate health and healing.
Auricular acupuncture involves stimulating specific points in the ear to promote health and healing. In traditional Chinese medicine, the ear serves as a micro-map of the body. While just about everything can be treated through points in the ear, auricular acupuncture is best known for treating addiction.
Facial rejuvenation is a non-surgical method that combines acupuncture points on the body and the face with facial cupping and gua sha to stimulate collagen production, help reduce fine lines and wrinkles, brighten the skin and restore a more youthful appearance.
Caregivers’ Time Out
Specifically designed for people who are dealing with extreme caregiving situations such as caring for disabled or ill family members with advanced diseases (ex: cancer, Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s, etc.) or other recent trauma (ex: accident, stroke, etc.), to provide a much needed “time out” from the stress of caring for others. Auricular (ear) and distal body point (hands and lower leg) acupuncture will be provided in a community-style group setting.
We kindly ask that you respect the intent of this treatment environment and only register if your situation is applicable to the intent.
- Every other Tuesday evening 7 – 8:30pm (Starting January, 2019)
- Reservations required – Limited to 8 registrants
*Due to the limited availability, no-shows will be charged the full fee.
Recently made famous by Olympic gold-medal swimmer Michael Phelps, cupping therapy involves using glass or plastic cups to create suction over specific points to induce blood flow to reduce pain and inflammation or provide a deep massage for muscles. It is also used to open the pores and eliminate toxins from the body.
Gua Sha is a method of healing that utilizes various tools such as jade to scrape the skin to increase blood flow and eliminate toxins from the body. It is generally painless and is great for reducing the pain and inflammation associated with chronic injuries or to release toxins and help the body heal more quickly from colds and flu.
Electrical stimulation (typically referred to as e-stim or electroacupuncture) is sometimes applied to needles to facilitate healing. Tiny clips attached to small electrical cords are clipped onto the needles at one end and are plugged into a machine at the other end. Electricity is conducted through the cords to stimulate the nerves and/or the muscles where the needles are placed. Electroacupuncture uses two needles at time so that the impulses can pass from one needle to the other. This is particularly useful in healing tendonitis, carpal tunnel syndrome and other muscle-related issues.
Moxibustion is a traditional Chinese Medicine therapy in which dried mugwort root (called “moxa” for short) is burned near select points at the surface of the skin. The intention is to warm the body, dispel certain pathogenic influences and promote healing. When indicated, moxa may be used during treatment at no additional charge.
Inflammation is one of the leading causes of disease. Transform your brain, slim down and experience better health with our 28-day transformation program. This program shows you how to:
- Identify and eliminate the foods that are creating inflammation in your body
- Replace problem foods and create delicious meals that fit your taste and lifestyle
- Restore your body to better health
You can purchase everything you need for this step-by-step program at your local supermarket. You will receive:
- A Set Yourself Up for Success call to ensure you get off to a great start
- Menus, recipes, and shopping lists to take the guesswork out of meal planning. (It’s ok if you can’t cook. There is always a way.)
- Daily emails for guidance and support
- Daily journal to stay in touch and record your progress
- 2 Private coaching sessions
- Unlimited email access to your coach, so you’re never stuck
Basic 28-Day Transformation (Acupuncture not included) $249/month
Premier 28-Day Transformation (Includes 2 acupuncture treatments. Premier members may add additional acupuncture visits at a discounted rate of $75 for up to 12 months from their program start date.) $375/month (A $44 program savings & $10 off every additional acupuncture treatment!)
Private Nutrition Coaching
Need a little extra support for your weight loss or nutrition goals? Our certified holistic nutrition coach provides private, personalized nutrition coaching to help you achieve maximum health.
While some confuse the term “holistic” with “hippy dippy witchcraft”, its literal meanings according to the Oxford dictionary are:
- Characterized by comprehension of the parts of something as intimately interconnected and explicable only by reference to the whole.
- Characterized by the treatment of the whole person, taking into account mental and social factors, rather than just the physical symptoms of a disease.
As part of our holistic approach to your health, every service includes recommendations on ways to enhance your health and/or prevent decline.
Thank you to our first responders!
Active police, firefighters, EMTs and military personnel with ID always receive 10% off all services.
Initial visit – $135
Follow up visit – $85
5 pack (follow ups only) – $400
Ages 12 and under
Initial visit – $110
Follow up visit – $60
Community style auricular for people who are dealing with extreme caregiving situations ONLY
(Includes body treatment)
5 visits – $725
10 visits – $1350
Cupping or Guasha Only
15-30 minute treatment
1 treatment – $50
Basic 28-Day Transformation
(Acupuncture not included)
Premier 28-Day Transformation
(Includes 2 acupuncture treatments. Premier members may add additional acupuncture visits at a discounted rate of $75 for up to 12 months from their program start date.)
(A $44 program savings & $10 off every additional acupuncture treatment!)
Private Nutrition Coaching
* Payment is required at the time of service. All packages must be paid in full at time of purchase. Should client request reimbursement of unused package visits, the balance reimbursed to client shall be calculated by deducting visits used at the full regular rate. We do not currently accept insurance, but will provide a superbill on request for patients to obtain reimbursement from their insurance providers.